Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Practice What You Preach

Does anyone know if one of these transportation officials that doesn't take transit is Nat Ford? (CBK notes he takes the bus) It kind of makes me angry when people don't practice what they preach, especially in transit. If I didn't believe in what I was talking about, I wouldn't be living it, and I think that if you're going to be working for a transportation agency and saying people should be living a certain way there's really no excuse for living the opposite.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It shows at the bottom of the article that Nat Ford takes the bus... or claims to take the bus. With an office at 1 S Van Ness, it would be almost inexcusable not to.

Pantograph Trolleypole said...

I wonder how many of them fibbed a little knowing exactly what the reporter was doing. It would be silly for some of them not to, but you never know.

Morgan Wick said...

Didn't read the article, wondering whether it's impossible for some of them because of the paucity of transit?

John said...

Don't we want drivers pushing for more and better transit as well? I think it's important to have as large a constituency as possible to support transit, even if they don't use it themselves often.

Greg said...

cynical nonsense from the "Reason" foundation aside, I can safely say yes Mr. Ford DOES use transit every week, if not every day. Many of the meetings of managers are scheduled out of the office and around town and managers have to take the bus to get there, too.

If the Reason Foundatino is going to go on its anti-transit jihad, can't they at least prove their assertions instead of just saying "I imagine..."

Robert said...

I have to admit that I am shocked that so many ride transit leaders actually take transit. But I'm not convinced that this practice exists in many areas beyond the bay area.

In San Diego, even the bus operators drive to work!